Call for Comments to the Proposed Amendments to the WESM Rules and WESM Manuals on Penalty, and Enforcement and Compliance (ORCP-WR-WM-23-07)
The Rules Change Committee (RCC) is inviting all WESM Members and interested parties to submit comments to the Proposed Amendments to the WESM Rules and WESM Manuals on Penalty, and Enforcement and Compliance (ORCP-WR-WM-23-07).
The proposed amendments, itemized by topic below, aim to:
A. On Penalty
- Transfer the responsibility to collect penalties from the Market Operator to the WESM Governance Arm.
- Change the provisions regarding utilization of penalty collected; and
- Change the timeline for the implementation of the enforcement sanction (exhaustion of remedies before penalty collection).
B. On Enforcement and Compliance
- Transfer all provisions relating to enforcement remedies, i.e., Request for Reconsideration and Appeal proceedings, from the Penalty Manual to Enforcement and Compliance Manual;
- Change the timeline for response to non-compliance notice and issuance of the compliance monitoring and assessment report; and
- Include provisions or revision to provide clarity on the need for verification of the request for investigation, report of probable breach, and directive or order to investigate as pre-requisite to the issuance of the notice of investigation.
The WESM documents for amendments are:
- WESM Rules (as of 15 August 2023)
- WESM Manual on Penalty, Issue 2.0(Note: The Market Surveillance Committee (MSC) is the WESM Governance Committee designated to review and approve the proposed amendments to this Market Manual, which will be for further approval by the PEM Board and DOE.)
- WESM Manual on Enforcement and Compliance, Issue 1.0
ORCP-WR-WM-23-07 – Matrix (Please write your comments in the proper columns in the matrix.
Kindly submit your comments (in Word format) through the File a Submission page no later than 06 November 2023 or 30 working days from the date of publication (20 September 2023). Please input in the proper field the e-mail address of your point person(s) who we could further contact regarding activities related to the processing of the proposal. All comments received shall be published in the PEMC website.
For the Rules Change Committee,
Rules Review Division
Market Assessment Group
Philippine Electricity Market Corporation
+632 8631 8734 local 244 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.wesm.ph
18F Robinsons Equitable Tower, ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1600, Philippines