May we refer you below to the directives issued by the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) on 20 September 2021 for implementation in the WESM Billing and Settlement:
1. Stop the collection from customers, of congestion charges, and other applicable charges, including but not limited to line rentals, attributable to the outage of the Cebu-Negros Submarine Cable, until the complete restoration and operationalization of the said transmission line, or until a more applicable pricing and settlement solution is ordered by the commission;
2. Congestion charges, and other applicable and other applicable charges attributable to the said line outage, already collected for the billing months June to August 2021, shall be refunded to the customers within a period equivalent to the number of months covered by the subject collections. For illustration, the collection of two months' congestion and other related charges, shall be returned within a period of no more than two months;
3. Defer the payment of congestion and other related charges to generation companies affected by the subject incident, until the complete restoration and operationalization of the said transmission line, or until a more applicable pricing and settlement solution is ordered by the Commission;
4. Submit to the Commission, no later than 23 September 2021, a detailed report on: (i) the congestion charges and other applicable charges already collected and paid to affected generation companies and the billing period covered by such; and (ii) the congestion charges and other applicable charges already billed, but not yet collected and the period covered by such billing;
5. Submit an initial progress report to the Commission no later than the 30th day of the month following the issuance of this letter directive; and a progress report thereafter, until the full refund to customers shall have been completed in accordance with this directive; and
6. Publish the above-mentioned directives in the PEMC website and request concerned Distribution Utilities (DU) to post the same in their respective websites.